[AT] How to test a fuel gauge/Sender??--followup--to Bill in TX

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Wed Sep 15 22:19:19 PDT 2004

Well thanks for the encouragement Bill!  Sounds like I'm in the same
situation as you were.  One dumb question-----How do you "calibrate the
sender to the tank?"    I haven't got the new sender yet--coming from
Valu-Bilt Tractor Parts.   I just put rebuilt injectors in the machine
today and also had to bleed the system--with the manual pump on the wrong
side.  I just pumped away until I could see a goodly amount of diesel
dripping on the ground under the tractor.     After I get the multi-power
clutch pack overhauled on this 175 I think I'm really going to like
it.  Good power, nice compact size....and my first diesel.      John