[AJD] JD A Block and Head combinations

Chris C jdnutinwa at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 17:55:01 PDT 2004

John,

        Yes I have been to your webpage several times in the past few days and was considering your heads and blocks as a backup if the bids went higher than what you were asing.    Once I get the head off of he 48A and see what it has inside it for pistons I will more than likely be calling you for a block and head...  if you have not sold them all ready.

                           Chris

John Boehm <rustyacres at yahoo.com> wrote:
A quick look at the Parts Catalog, told me in less
than a minute that all the A's from serial #488000
through the end of production used the same head
gasket, so it is not surprising that heads and blocks
sometimes get switched to tractors in different serial
number ranges from the original configurations. If you
are attempting to restore two styled A's without
arming yourself with as much literature as possible
(Parts Catalogs, Operator's Manuals, etc.), you will
make your job much harder than it needs to be.

I have several A heads and blocks for sale as shown at
http://vintagetractors.com/jdaeng.html.

John Boehm
Woodland, CA
Visit my web site at http://vintagetractors.com