Bargains was Re: [AT] OT-Problem with Cub Cadet 1641

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Sep 14 19:41:17 PDT 2004

I don't mean to sound jaded, but it probably doesn't make any difference
that it is specified as "factory" remanufactured.  They're still
contracting it out to third parties.  Most of the Poulan and McCullough
saws that are available at places like Big Lots have been run through
that sort of routine.  At least McCullough was honest enough about what
they were doing that you could pick up on the possible discrepancies in
the product before you bought it.  They changed all the model numbers by
inserting "FR" at the beginning of them.  We used to roll our eyes in
despair whenever an owner brought in any FR equipment.  We never knew
what we'd find inside, and often the parts that were supposed to fit,
wouldn't.

I suspect that the remanufacturing is occurring in some major sweat
shops just south of the Rio Grande.

Like I said -- I don't mean to sound jaded.

[Exit soap box mode.]

Larry