[AT] Tractor hauling truck

charlie hill chill8 at cox.net
Tue Sep 14 16:54:45 PDT 2004

One of my weathier friends has a child that competes on the Apaloosa
circuit.  He has a monster 3 horse trailer with a full living quarters and
bunk house.  They tried to pull it with an older F350 Super Duty  Dualy with
a Banks Turbo but the truck just wouldn't get the job done.  He cured the
problem last year when he went to Oklahoma City for the Nationals.  He came
home with a Western Hauler Ford Conversion.  It's a regular Ford extended
cab on a F 550 Chassis.  Doesn't look any bigger than the F350 Dually but it
sure pulls bigger.

However, for my money and if I had plenty of it like he does, I'd rather
have something like Spencers International dream truck.
It may cost a bit more up front  but from a ride, economy and drivablility
standpoint, when pulling a big load, it would be worth the difference.

Charlie