[AT] Old gas residue

David Tiefenbrunn davidtief at abac.com
Tue Sep 14 18:50:53 PDT 2004

At 09:51 PM 9/13/04 EDT, Walt wrote:

>Take the carb off get a kit for  it and then get some carburator cleaner
from
>your auto parts store the type that  you soak a carb in take it completely
>apart and then soak well before using a  blow gun to clean out all the
ports.

NAPA had this stuff called something like "Mac's carburetor cleaner".  It
was a few years ago that I used it.  It came in a rectangular steel can.
Two different fluids in it, that form a layer between the active stuff and
the air.  Clean the loose stuff off of a part and drop it in.  Not long and
it is clean.  Nasty smell.  I used it to get the yellow / brown stuff
(baked on oil deposits) off of engine parts like wrist pins.  That stuff
wouldn't come off with anything else (spray can carby cleaner, brake
cleaner, various solvents).

Dave

Dave  Tief.  N1WWY,  Addie Tief.  N1XQP
Tiny, Cecil, Magic, Ruby, Sesame and Cinamon
Visit our web page at http://users.abac.com/dandatief
Fight Spam: http://www.hostedscripts.com/scripts/antispam.html