[AT] Old gas residue

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Tue Sep 14 07:43:38 PDT 2004

You might be able to prevail on a local small engine shop to "boil out"
the carbs for you, Cecil.  There's no actual boiling involved, but a
couple of the shops I've worked in had an air-actuated shaker setting in
the corner that we soaked carburetors, 2-cycle mufflers, and other items
in for "however long it took" to get them clean.  We had about three
gallons of carb cleaner in a five-gallon bucket for this purpose. It was
not unusual for us to let items soak over the weekend.  We had people
coming in all the time to clean out carbs they were working on at home.

Larry