[AT] Old gas residue

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Mon Sep 13 08:12:10 PDT 2004

> Get some lye ie Red Devil Lye.  Mix it about 2 tablespoons/gallon.  This
> will burn the varnish right out of the tank.  Fill the tank up all the way.
> Let it set for a day or two.
>
> Lou

	I don't have a problem with my old tractors but I have a Honda
motorcycle that sat for almost 20 years with gas in the tank and carb.
Will this Red Devil lye work OK in a light tank too?  I know that I will
have to be careful as this stuff is caustic. Which would be better for
the carb - Red Devil lye or lacquer thinner?

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson