[AJD] More JD 40 Carb and other stuff

LeRoy Price lep at epix.net
Sun Sep 12 16:15:42 PDT 2004

Everyone may recall that I was having an issue with the seat in 2 carb kits so today I stopped for a tap to clean out the carb hole that the seat is placed.  For kicks I stopped by the fine thread nuts and picked out a 3/8 X 24. I tried it on the old seat and it screwed on without issue.  I then tried it on the new kit seat and I couldn't get it an 1/8 on, just wouldn't go.  To me its the seat, something is wrong with it.  Bought the tap anyway and it didn't make a difference.

I fooled around with the new float.  What I found is that the arms are a bit shorter than the original hence I don't have much adjustment since the bending the float down will start them rubbing on the inner sides.  I did notice that the fuel bowl was loose and I tighten that.  Is there a good replacement for the float?

Next, when I run the JD 40 its not to reactive to the throttle.  By that I mean if I start it out with a little gas it pops along.  If I give it more throttle it runs faster but when I decrease the throttle it doesn't respond, stays running like it wsa at the previous position.  What do I look at?

LeRoy

Incompetence: When you earnestly believe you can compensate for lack of skill by doubling your efforts, there's no end to what you can't do.