OT: too many books (was Re: [Farmall] Corporate Tragedy, Agony of IH

Mike Sloane msloane at att.net
Sun Sep 12 04:13:33 PDT 2004

> Bob Jacobs wrote:
>
>>  Now that I've read it though I
>> guess I
>> may list it on E-Bay and move it on to someone else to enjoy.
>> Otherwise it
>> ll just sit here with the several hundred other already read books.
>> LOL, too much stuff, too little space.
I missed the original thread due to being away and a jammed up "inbox".
I too had a problem with too many books occupying too much space. So I
boxed them up and took them to my county library. They were happy to
take about half of them (but they are tight on space also), but I still
had a lot more (mostly science fiction collected during over about 50
years and other fiction) to get rid of. Another carload went to an ATIS
member who found homes for them, and the rest went to town hall - they
have a couple of shelves of orphan books that anyone can have. I still
have a couple hundred more that I need to get rid of...

I kept all my tractor books, of course. :-)

Mike

>> Bob

Mike Sloane
Allamuchy NJ
Email: (msloane at att.net)
Website: <http://www.geocities.com/mikesloane>
Blog: <www.mikesloane.blogspot.com
Tractor images: <www.fotki.com/mikesloane>
Work: none - retired

Our elections are free, it's in the results where eventually we pay.
-Bill Stern, sports announcer (1907-1971)