[AJD] Late Three Brush Generator Specifics Found.

R Mull rbobmull at comcast.net
Fri Sep 10 18:39:11 PDT 2004

On an Allis-Chalmers the light switch pushed all the way in the resistor is
in the circuit between the field terminal of the generator and ground and
you get about a 3 amp charging to the battery. One knotch out on the switch
and the resistor is out of the circuit and the field terminal on the
generator is grounded giving you about a 10+ amp charge to the battery. All
the way out and the resistor is out of the circuitand the lights are on and
the field terminal on the generator is grounded also giving you a 10+ amp
charge less the amps that the lights are using.

That is close to how it works!

Thanks,
Robert Mull
Woodstock, Georgia