[AJD] Newbie and JD 40 Question

Steve Treimer steelerhawk at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 10 07:45:24 PDT 2004

Cal,
Welcome, please chime in with questions, comments, rants, and general
Deere info often.
In the list I have running, I count 6 other folks from TX.  I'll send
you a copy of the most recent list (version 13) offline.
As for carburetors, there are the carb shops: Robert's, Burrey's,
Denny's and several more that advertise in Green Magazine and
Two-Cylinder Magazine.  They'll usually cost $200 or more and the wait
will probably be 2 weeks or more from when it gets to them.  Deere
carbs aren't too bad at all and the parts are readily available.  I
usually get my parts from Robert's here in Iowa because it's close and
they've got everything.  If you get Deere's carb manual, it pretty much
takes you step-by-step through it.
Duane Larson is a member of this list and has been real good with me on
carbs and magnetos.  You can e-mail him from the list I send you or
maybe he'll chime in.
Steve Treimer
Mechanicsville, IA (no, no real mechanics live there.....)