[AT] OT Hurricane Tracking Applet

Mark Greer greerfam at raex.com
Thu Sep 9 21:34:45 PDT 2004

The AW ban was such a joke. All it did was make my old Colts worth a bunch
more than I paid for them. Ever since the "ban" was enacted I could still
walk into most any good gunshop and buy an AR15 of sorts completely legal
from the likes of Bushmaster, DPMS, Colt, Rock River, and a host of other
manufacturers. I got into a HUGE argument with a dip$#!+ at work about this
and finally dragged the moron to 2 gun different gunshops one day to show
him that I could still buy an "evil" assault weapon legally by plunking $800
down and filling out the same forms required to buy any other gun. To the
uninformed one AR15 looks like another and the "evil" features that the AW
ban outlawed are only evident to the well informed gun enthusiast. He was
horrified to say the least and still thinks I'm a gun nut (which I proudly
admit I am) but at least he shut up about it. I think the AW ban sold more
AR15's and AK-47 style guns than would have been sold had the ban never
happened.
Mark