Bargains was Re: [AT] OT-Problem with Cub Cadet 1641

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Thu Sep 9 17:27:54 PDT 2004

Steve-
About 5 years ago I bought a "remanufactured" Poulan chainsaw from Harbor
Freight or one of the similar outfits.  When I got it I started it and then
put it away for a several months.  When I needed to use it, I couldn't start
it again.  After working on it for a few days, got frustrated and took it to
a repair shop.

All he did was put a new plug in it and it ran good.  He showed me the old
plug, it had a significant chunk of carbon wedged in the gap between the
steel housing and the center insulator.  It apparently had low enough
resistance to bleed off the spark and make it non-effective.  How do carbon
chunks that large form?  -- crap from the spark arrestor or what?
Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
(2) AC D-14, AC 914H
Simplicity 3112 & 7116