[AJD] Late Three Brush Generator Specifics Found.

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 18:36:58 PDT 2004

Paul,
Your generator has the correct model number, but the serial indicates it was
built January 15, 1947, which means the original generator and (probably)
regulator has been replaced by this older generator/cutout unit.

Look at your light switch - there should be no resistor present at the
switch - it would be there if the system used a generator/cutout unit with a
3-brush generator.

You can replace the cutout with a regulator - either a positive ground one,
or a universal ground one.  They should not be hard to find at NAPA or some
such.

Let me know about the light switch/resistor question.
Regards,
Duane