[AJD] JD 40 Carb

Duane Larson jdlarson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 7 20:41:34 PDT 2004

LeRoy,
I agree with Michael - sounds like you maybe need a good tap to clean the
threads.  I don't like their gaskets, but otherwise their kits meet my
needs.  And regarding the bowl gasket, the proper fuel level is (about
1/2"?) below the gasket - the gasket serves to seal air, not fuel, as the
system is a balanced one.  Using a hose barb as suggested in an earlier post
is normal operating business for me.
Regards,
Duane Larson