[Farmall] Starting 340

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Tue Sep 7 17:22:46 PDT 2004

Larry,
    I would remove and clean the ends of the cables (both ends of both cables).  One other thing you can try to rule out cables is to parallel them with a good set of jumper cables to see if cranking improves.  Next, the solenoid contacts may be pitted and burned.  Again, you can try jumping around the solenoid to see how it cranks.  After that, I would take a look at the starter motor itself.  Remove it and see how it turns over when off of the tractor.
    As always, (as Farmer says) grounds, grounds, grounds!

Bigdog