[AT] JD 630 starter problems

Wayne Snelling wsnelling at southplainscollege.edu
Tue Sep 7 10:52:33 PDT 2004

That one is all Cast.  Brazing should work and be sure to do it in
different spots and not starting on one end then brazing to the other.
I  would braze with the bushing in place and in fact, I  got a new
bushing before starting the only time I ever tried this. Then after the
job was                          completed I remove the bushing and
tighten the housing to check alignment in the bushing hole. I had a MM
that broke and I could not find a replacement so I brazed it back with
no problems, and then sometimes a blind hog finds the acorns
I would bet a complete starter of  the i-net would be much less than JD
replacement. I'll check tonight to see what I may have.

Wayne