[AT] OT-Problem with Cub Cadet 1641

Mike S Meulenberg msm10301 at juno.com
Mon Sep 6 19:03:36 PDT 2004

Hi All,
I have an interesting problem with my mowing tractor, a Cub Cadet 1641. I
was mowing with the tractor, and shut it off, when I went to restart it ,
all I got was a rapid clicking sound from the solenoid next to the
battery. I've checked all the grounds I could find, and cleaned them up,
still the problem persists. The voltage reading across the battery
terminals is 12.07 v. The battery had been getting weaker for the last
several weeks, sometimes requiring a jump to start the tractor. I tried
charging the battery, as well as jumping the tractor from my truck with
no success. I called the dealer's service dept. and they thought it might
be an ignition switch, or a bad ground.
I'm not sure how to test an ignition switch. Any thoughts.

Thanks much,
Mike