[AJD] JD 40 Carb

greg at theoldtractorcompany.com greg at theoldtractorcompany.com
Mon Sep 6 19:00:02 PDT 2004

I agree with Frank. The fact you had "trouble" installing the seat means that maybe it's not yet seated completely. A quick check would be to use some sealer around it, see if that helps.
Of course that means removing it so it would be better to inspect it and see if the seating edge is chipped as Frank suggested. I have had that happen with the A and B carbs before, drives you nuts!
Greg

Greg Stephen
The Old Tractor Company
Stephen Equipment Company