[AJD] Late John Deere Model B Generator

John Paur johnjanpaur at directcon.net
Sat Sep 4 12:34:57 PDT 2004

Paul,  As a layman on these systems, I believe your tractor is not as it was
equipped from the factory.  Simply, a cutout is an electric check valve.  It
prevents current from draining from the battery when the generator is not
turning.  A voltage regulator has two parts; a cutout and a regulator that
allows the generator to charge the battery only when needed.  I'm certian
that a '52 B came with a voltage regulator from the factory.   John