[AT] Multiple Show Photos

Grant Weir grantweird at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 2 09:43:48 PDT 2004

Hi Steve,

   Fantastic photos as usual - thanks for sharing them!   That 25HP F & J at
Baraboo sure is a neato engine.   I think that pretty much any engine that
is 25HP and is still hopper-cooled is very cool. :-)

   The Will County Threshermen's Association show in Mokena sure look like a
fine event.  I sure would love to see a Linn half-track truck up close.
"They" say that some of these were used in northern Saskatchewan back in the
day so I've got my eyes open for one for sure.  That restored Pioneer 30-60
is really awesome too.  We have one at our local museum but it has not run
in years and just sits there looking depressed.   Yes, actually, it  does
look depressed just sitting there.  The Big Four that sits next to it looks
positively lugubrious!   :-)  I would really love to see either one run
again someday.  (sigh...)

    Anyway...  the picture that REALLY caught my eye was also from the Will
County show.  At the end of the set of pictures is a shot of a Massey-Harris
"Pulverator" plow.  I've been searching for one of these plows for five
years and would be very happy if you would be able to point me in the
direction of the owner or someone who might know him/her.   The only place I
have ever seen one of these is from a picture in a MH catalog showing a
Wallis tractor pulling it.  I actually had kind of given up looking as I
figured that maybe it was just a promo picture of an obscure prototype, but
now that I've seen a picture my interest is renewed!

    Again, great pictures Steve and thanks for going to the trouble of
posting them for us to see.  Talk to you later!

Grant Weir
Saskatoon, SK.
Canada

>From: Steve Barr <stevebarr at ameritech.net>
>To: sel at lists.stationary-engine.com
>CC: at at lists.antique-tractor.com
>Subject: [AT] Multiple Show Photos
>Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 05:04:36 -0700 (PDT)
>

>I finally have sat down and completed several show picture reports that
>have been waiting to be done.  800+ pictures of engines and tractors.
>
>New Shows Added:
>
>Portland, IN Show - 2004
>Baraboo, WI Show - 2004
>Sycamore, IL Show - 2004
>--1st National Gade Show - Marshalltown, IA - 2004 --Not finished yet--
>Franklin Grove, IL - 2004
>DuPage County Fair - 2004
>Will County, IL 2004
>Paublo Agricultural Museum - Stonington, IL 2004
>

>Here is the link to the show page:
>http://www.oldengine.org/members/sbarr/show_reports.htm
>
>I feel better now...I wasn't the only one who had to be towed out of the
>North end trailer parking area at Portland...I hooked up to the trailer a
>few minutes before the rains came Saturday and created Lake
>Portland...Pulled Forward ~8 feet and spun out...I did get to wait in the
>truck until after the rain stopped and then hiked in to the gate to call
>for a tractor (an AC) to pull the Truck and Trailer out.
>
>Please provide feedback directly (offlist) about download times on the
>larger pages (dialup users only as it is fine for those on high speed
>access).
>
>Steve

Scan and help eliminate destructive viruses from your inbound and outbound
e-mail and attachments.
first two months FREE*.