[AT] The sound of breaking disks

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Thu Sep 2 06:58:19 PDT 2004

I have an IH #37 8' disk.  I don' t use it much, but I've been watching the rear disks get a little smaller and thinner over the years.  The last time I used it, I heard the sound of a disk meeting a rock and I've lost half of an outer rear disk.  Does anyone know what size and shape the center hole is on these?  I'm guessing 1" square, but if I would like to find the new disks before I take things apart.

What I'd like to do, but it will be more work, is to move the front disk to the rear and get new, fluted disks for the front.  It looks like someone put new disks on the front only, they are bigger than the rear now.

Len Rugen

Personal: lrugen at c-magic.com
PH School: pyn000 at mail.connect.more.net
Work: rugenl at missouri.edu