[AT] Re: Portland 04

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Thu Sep 2 05:53:52 PDT 2004

Gill---First off I hope that Vera continues to improve, we know about knees
as my wife has both replaced.
All the regulars around the Dotson campfire expressed concern about you and
Vera.  Happy to hear of your plans for 2005.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA

To all of our good friends,
    You guys will never know just how much it means to Vera and I to know we
were missed at Portland this year. We had planned on being there, as it is
considered by us to be among the very major events for us. To be among the
very best of our friends in such a setting is near the best one can ever
hope for.
    As for reasons we were absent, they had to do with Vera having a total
knee job that didn't go as well as it should/could have. She could not sit
down in a vehicle long enough for that drive. Her surgeon advised to not
make the trip.  (she's still down for the count. Therapy 3 times a week)
    At any rate things are well here, we just don't move around very fast.
We're definitely looking forward to Portland 05.
    Thank you all for thinking of us, we'll be thinking of each of you and
talking to you some time during the coming year.

Vera and Gil