[Farmall] W 9 mag

Ivan Cousins ivancou at usachoice.net
Wed Sep 1 18:31:44 PDT 2004

 Is the mag off a w 9 the same as an A or  M , an   H 4 ? Any differences at
all ? I picked one up at Portland for a young almish guy and it fires when
you hold it in your hand and turn it .  He put it on the tractor and nothing
.
 So he ran down the road tonight and used a neighbors phone to call me .  I
cant shake the feeling that after we hung up that he hooked up the wire from
the old distributor up to the kill switch .
 Second question , it has a hydraulic pump between the mag and the engine ,
does it change anything ? I mean like rotation of the mag  .
I promised I'd be down saturday night to try and help  get it going .
Thanks Ivan