[AT] Two questions...

Bob Seith seithr at denison.edu
Wed Sep 1 11:21:32 PDT 2004

First question -- What's a reasonable price for a restored 1941 JD H?
Nice restoration done 10-12 years ago and not used much since.
Supposedly new rings, bearings, and a valve job at the time. Very good
metal and paint. Good front tires, but the back ones are ancient and
badly checked. I think the H uses an odd (read expensive) size.

No electric start, no hydraulics, no implements. Just a PTO that has had
an adapter added to bring it up to standard size.

Second question -- To you Cub experts. Do you think my 1953 Farmall Cub
with aftermarket Cat. I three-point hitch would have the gumption to
pull a 4-foot double-action pick-up disk? Found a secondhand one with
faded paint and light rust on the disks, but very little real wear.
Looks to be light duty, as if made for a large garden tractor.

Found both of these items last weekend on a couple of drives through the
area. The disk is on a county road about five miles from my place, while
the tractor is up in the next county.

Best,
Bob Seith
seithr at denison.edu