[Farmall] Farmall C question

soffiler at myeastern.com soffiler at myeastern.com
Wed Sep 1 05:28:07 PDT 2004

That's right, Cliff, that was part of my point.  A
professional doesn't (or certainly SHOULDN'T) use the
plug-and-chug approach.  I support proper diagnostics -
which in fact should always start with a good visual.
Simply LOOK at everything before you jump in.  (A visual
would have caught that bad rotor someone mentioned in less
than 5 minutes).

For the individual, doing it for himself, out in the field,
proper diagnostics may not be a good option due to limited
understanding of the system.  For these people it could be
plug-n-chug or nothing, and I don't condone it but I do
recognize it.

I just hate to see the plug-n-chuggers jumping in and giving
advice, because it really isn't the right way to go.  I
would much prefer to see someone willing to take the time to
learn the right way.

Steve O.

From: cliff king <crawlerman1 at yahoo.com>

----- Original Message Follows -----