[Farmall] Farmall H with distillate fuel tank

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Wed Oct 27 19:22:46 PDT 2004

To run one on kerosene is a pain.  You have to start and warm it up on gasoline,
then close the gas tank valve and open the kerosene tank valve and readjust the
carb.  If you are not working it hard, you also have to adjust the radiator
shutters to keep the engine warm.  When finished you have to drain the kerosene
from the carb and turn the gas back on to use it again.  We used a dual fuel H
on gasoline only both for our farming and custom work for years, and it did not
create any problems.

Wagsdvm at aol.com wrote:

> I have just purchased a 1941 H with the distillate tank that has been
> running on gasoline.  I am unsure if a change has been made to the fuel  system, and
> wonder if it would be better to run kerosene with it, or continue to  use
> gasoline, any problems with either approach?
>
> Thanks
>
> Eric  Wagner

John
another one of them