[AT] not far OT

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Oct 22 13:03:33 PDT 2004

Co-incidentally, I often refer to my Honda 250 ATC as a "little tractor".
Its my first step into the ATC experience and I have found it to be a handy
little workhorse around the farm. Just bought it a year ago, its an 87 model
in "like new" condition thanks to the previous owner.
Prior to this , I owned a Suzuki trail bike which  was also handy around the
farm but its load carrying ability was pretty well limited to what I could
hold in one hand or hang around my neck. The Honda trike has a big carrying
rack on the back and a smaller one out front that can hold a surprising
amount. If thats not enough there is a hitch on the back to pull a small
trailer. The low gearing is excellent for checking crops and fences yet it
can still cruise down the grid roads at close to 40 mph if need be.
And yes, they are legal on the country roads here as long as we carry
liability insurance and wear helmets.
Of course new three wheelers are long off the market but theres still some
used ones out there. No doubt 4 wheels and 4WD is a big advantage but its a
case of getting what you pay for. Some of these new quads push the $10,000
mark which is a little more than I want to spend on that type of vehicle.
.
Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/