[AT] Battery load tester

Billy Hood aggie1967 at msn.com
Fri Oct 15 13:36:49 PDT 2004

Cecil
I have two of the HF testers--one here and one at my Son's.  They work ok and are light and easy to throw on the bed of the truck or in the toolbox.  They are not as good as the old heavy Christie that I bought before 1970 for about $90 back then.  It is heavy and I spent more for a new meter (don't ask, but I broke the plastic cover for the meter part and bent the needle--another foobar) for the Christie than for the complete HF and I think mine were 19.95 on sale, maybe more.  They get hot when you load a battery and if they have been setting in the dust, they smell some.  Just don't leave them in the henhouse--the burning dust from would really stink.  Or maybe the dust from Farmer's shop or mine might smell--some strange things have resided in both.
Bear
I leave the Christie in the shop on top of the old Wesinhoff generator starter test bench--they just go together.