[AT] Nice 40's or 50's truck to haul tractors

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Sun Oct 31 06:58:29 PST 2004

All If you plan to use a truck equipped with a hoist (dump bed) be sure to
build in some sort of safety lock in the tilt mechanism to prevent the bed
from rising when trying to load a tractor from the rear.

The safety will have to include a block of the hydraulic valve or real
damage could happen to the truck frame if the bed is pinned and the cylinder
has pressure applied.

Tractor drivers have been killed trying to load from the rear when the bed
suddenly flew up on its own.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA

Hi Rick,
No, I haven't done it but . . . .
I have a 1950 GMC model 350 with a flat bed and hoist. I've drempt of
putting a pintle hitch on it and towing a trailer as well.  Maybe could
put moveable ramps between the truck bed and the trailer bed and use the
trailer ramps for loading both units. It works well in my dreams, at least.
Al
NW MN