[AT] JI Case-Drott serial number help

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Fri Oct 29 18:19:50 PDT 2004

I guess I am getting through the ether alright now!  I have checked my
serial number guides, looked on the net, and have struck out. I am asking
for some help.

The "new" machine, new to me, I asked the electrical question about
yesterday, (disconnecting field to alternator before charging etc) is a
Drott 85 RM2 CarryDeck crane serial number 1438.  I can find no reference
for year of manufacture.  It is equipped with a Continental F-163 gas
engine.  Is there some clue I can get from the engine as to year of mfgr or
do one of you ATIS'ers have better serial number guides or info that can
tell me the year of manufacture!?

This li'l machine (10.5K max lift capacity) is checking out pretty good.  We
got it fired up today and it is a remarkably smooth runner.  Everything but
the brakes work but that seems to be the rule for machines I stumble across.
After a morning of full service, it will be ready for full-time work on
Monday. (Hey!  the emergency brake works........and that's good enough for
me!)

Any dating help is appreciated.  Thanks much.

John Parks
Boise, ID