[AT] Float valve springs in the needle??

John Wilkens jwilkens at eoni.com
Fri Oct 29 09:26:52 PDT 2004

Just bought a couple new float valve needle/seats for Farmall A (etc)
Zenigh carbs.  Anyone know why these needles have little springs and
"plungers" inside the needle?   With these spring-needles would you set
float height as usual by holding the top of the carb upside down?   I never
was able to find a source of the small 11/32" ID fiber needle seat washers
until I checked with the Case/IH dealer--who has them--for $2 each!!
:(       The other similar size washers I've bought locally are usually
$0.05 to $0.10 each!    John

                    In the wide-open spaces of NE Oregon