[AT] Reading ohms on a digital VOM

pga2 at hot1.net pga2 at hot1.net
Fri Oct 29 06:18:11 PDT 2004

Charles,
Think of it like this: The Ohms scales read backwards from the Volts scales.
The highest reading is an open circuit. No current flows. As the current goes
up, the resistance (Ohms) of the circuit goes down in inverse proportion.The K
stands for "kilo" or thousands and the M stands for "Meg" or millions.
1,000 Ohms is 1K Ohm. One Million Ohms is 1M Ohm. For your coil, you want to
use the lowest scale, 200. The meter should display 001.3, 1.3 Ohms.

Phil