[AT] Another adventure update

Cecil E Monson cmonson at hvc.rr.com
Fri Oct 29 03:51:58 PDT 2004

	Thanks to all who commented on my adventure pulling all these
stumps and clearing the property where we are going to build. I thought
it is time for an update.

	I finished pulling the stumps yesterday just after noon. I had
just 15 hours on the clock on this machine total for the job. All 100+
stumps are pulled and waiting for me to get a backhoe with a loader in
there and take them off the site.

	I realize it doesn't sound like many hours on the machine
considering I got it on Tuesday so I should explain a little. I am
recovering from two serious operations - one in June and one just last
month in September - and feel lucky I can do this work. The most time
I spent in the seat on one day was 6 hours - all enjoyable. As a
matter of fact, it feels really good to be just plain worn out tired
at the end of the day again. grins

	As to moving the stumps, the soil is so loose I don't want to
just push them off with a crawler so have decided on a backhoe for any
small stumps I might have missed with the excavator, quite a few stones
I picked out of the ground and left laying there on top, and the ability
to spread some gravel and fill where I had to leave big holes.

	I have the machine in the small field behind the building site now
and being as they are not coming until after lunch to pick it up, I am going
to pull some stumps where I want to park my antique tractors and trailers.

	FWIW, there was only one stump that gave me a hard time just pulling
it from the front - a very large stump that looks like oak the was cut before
we bought the property. It had an extensive root system and several very
large rocks in front of it. I ended up letting it set until I got to the
other side to pull it. It was the only stump on the property that had any
heavy roots going down in all directions instead of all going laterally.

Cecil
what you said.

Cecil E Monson
Lucille Hand-Monson