[AT] Reading ohms on a digital VOM

Bigdog dbigdog at columbus.rr.com
Thu Oct 28 19:51:35 PDT 2004

K stands for kilohms or  as in the 2K scale, full scale reading would be 2000 ohms, 20,000 ohms on the next scale, 200,000 - M stands for megohms or ohms times 1 million.  You will want to use the straight ohms scale for the most accurate readings.  On your 20 k scale, the reading really isn't off the scale, you're just trying to read a value of roughly 1 ohm on a scale of 1 to 20,000 range.  To be accurate, you want to use the scale that uses as much of the range as possible.

Bigdog