[AT] Electrical question

Dave Ernst dadadidi at cccomm.net
Thu Oct 28 16:35:22 PDT 2004

Subject: [AT] Electrical question

> Disconnect field!?

Yea, just like the last time I had a problem with my Powerstroke.  The cam
sensor quit when I was in the middle of nowhere and the computer shut off
the engine. It would not start so I disconnected the batteries, waited a few
minutes, put them back on and took off towards home. I had to do that 3
times inorder to get it home. I told the Ford service people (mistake) what
I had done and they threw a fit, saying I probably burnt up the computer.
Asking why they said any spark could do it. I asked about using jumper
cables and got another lecture. After that I wasn't about to tell them how
many times that pickup has started tractors, bailers, swathers and such, not
to mention the high HP chip..........
Dave