[AJD] Grill for JD MT?? Bars for Letter series grills???

Dean VP deanvp at att.net
Thu Oct 28 14:37:21 PDT 2004

Bus Driver:

Some people are just handier than others. I have a great amount of respect
for people with those kinds of skills. I spent too many years flying a desk
to gain those skills. As much of a dunce as I am in gas welding, I probably
never would have learned anyway! :-)

We have a gentleman in the area that has made a metal press mold to form the
bars for the letter series grills. Then he just cuts out the bad ones, welds
in the new ones, cleans up the welds and after a paint job they look brand
new and you can't tell them from originals. Smart these Americans!

Unfortunately what you have to do is give him your grills and then hope he
will call in less than a year, yes a year, that he has completed them. And
the cost is hefty!  :-)

I have been tempted to see if I could get him to just make a whole bunch of
correct bars for each of the letter series grills and then sell them for
others to do the welding. If there would be an interest in that expressed
here I would see if I could get him to cooperate with that kind of business
venture. Comments? Interest?

Dean A. Van Peursem
Snohomish, WA 98290

storeroom door