[AT] another adventure

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Oct 28 08:36:15 PDT 2004

Cecil, that huge Komatsu makes my little old 730 Case with the 7 foot dozer
blade seem pretty insignificant. Although I am still pretty pleased with how
much progress  I have made clearing bush on the farm in the past few days. I
haven't even broken anything, although I did accidentally knock the
precleaner off the air cleaner when a stray tree branch pushed past the
guard.
That expanded metal brush guard I built for the front end has sure saved the
grille of the tractor. Some of the poplar trees were too big to push and I
had to pull them down with a long chain. On the medium sized ones the
tractor will climb right up with the front wheels off the ground before the
tree gives in. Would make a good photo op but I'm usually a little too busy
to stop and take a picture.
I might give it a rest today though. I only have one good knee left and that
one was starting to ache a little from all the clutch work yesterday.

Ralph in Sask.
http://lgoff.sasktelwebsite.net/