[AT] DEFINITELY OFF TYOPIC: Yard signs

Rob Gray Robgray at epix.net
Wed Oct 27 22:51:09 PDT 2004

These candidates have been to PA a lot. I believe Bush has been here
over 40 times. They rarely make it up to my neck of the woods though. I
thought the article below was somewhat amusing/interesting. It is
written by a reporter from London's Daily Telegram about the Amish
attending a political rally. This is very off-topic I agree...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml;sessionid=3F5ZKHP3X5PNVQFIQMFCNAGAVCBQYJVC?xml=/news/2004/10/28/wus328.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/10/28/ixworld.html&secureRefresh=true&_requestid=42023

".....A devout Amish, Gideon Stoltzfus cannot be photographed. But he
proved a genial - even mischievous - companion as the vet drove him, his
sons and The Daily Telegraph to the rally.Stuck in a three-mile traffic
jam near the rally, he gazed at the stream of supporters making their
way on foot to the airport. He pointed out a lone Kerry-Edwards lawn
sign sat on the roadside. "Amazing that's still standing, with all these
Republicans going past," he said, sounding distinctly disappointed for a
pacifist. "..