[AT] Finally done

Len Rugen lrugen at c-magic.com
Wed Oct 27 18:41:37 PDT 2004

No problem.  I juse spent a LOT of hours on one and my vocabulary didn't
expand much....

The top arms on ours were spring loaded.  The implement arm had sort of a
"T" at the top, with the sides being approx 1/2" round pins.  The part on
the tractor clamped on that, only under spring pressure.

When we got the first WD-45, someone had added a tail wheel on the 3 bottom
plow because they couldn't keep running right.  The bottom coupling was
mounted on a spring and there was a control from that mount to the
hydralics, which activated the "traction booster".  (At least I think that
was what it was called, there was a guage right over the battery box).

In tough ground, a sudden pulse on the plow would cause the lift arms to
pull and the front wheels to head skyward!  Our first WD-45 was a narrow
front and I sat the wheels down on top of the garden fence once.

There were times, in good dirt, when it would pull the 3 14's in 3rd gear,
but that is probably how we wore that thing out.

At least AC honored the pattend on the Ferguson 3 point hitch...

> Hey Len,  I just read my own message.  I didn't mean to sound like a smart
> A$$.  I just never had a problem with the couplers until they were worn
> out. Your experience might have been different.
>
> Charlie

---