[Steam-engine] Big Huber Weekend / paint

Andy glines pioneersop96 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 27 07:49:59 PDT 2004

That way you can use your hat for a BBQ.  I don't know
about great strides but I can tell you how to take one
apart.  The sandblasting session was a giant leap
forward.  I have the rear wheel hubs all apart and
cleaned.  I will be painting if we ever get some dry
weather.  I plan on using IH red on this engine.  I
found some original paint inside one of the wheel hubs
and the IH red is an exact match.  There are a couple
of spots on the boiler which I'm just not sure about
and I don't know who to ask.  Most of it is in very
good condition.  I measured the thickness of the fire
flue where the soft plug came out and it showed no
signs of thinning.  Looks like I'll be learning about
babbit pouring soon.  The crank will have to be done
for sure.  I also need to figur out how to flatten the
valve seat.  A friend from the SIAM club did the valve
on his surface grinder.  I might pull the
cylinder/frame off of the boiler for this work.  I'm
still a little nervous about getting things lined back
up though.  I look forward to the day I get to steam
it up.  Knowing that I was the one who put it back
into shape will make it even more fun.
--- Paul Pavlinovich <pjp at steamengine.com.au> wrote:

> You really gotta wonder why hard hat spray comes in
> high temp? Something
> for hot heads? hehehe...
>
> Seriously, Andy - you're making great strides with
> the Huber. I played
> with it a few times at Brice' place and next time I
> come to the US to
> visit Brice & Peg I hope to visit you and see how
> the Huber is going.
>
> Paul
>
> EJHottel at aol.com wrote:
>
> > I've had trouble with barbeque black turning the
> weather. I am using High
> > Temp Black Rustoleum Hard Hat Spray V2176838, MSC
> #00240804. So far it has
> > performed well.
> > Jack Hottel
> >

> --