[Steam-engine] Old Iron Men Album issues

Ken Hough k4sb at niia.net
Mon Oct 25 22:02:24 PDT 2004

That would be Bob Johnson. I saw that portable.
Give him a call. (I have not heard from him in a while. He was on
this list)
Robert L. Johnson
Whistles in the Woods Museum Services
PO Box
309 Chickamauga, Georgia 30707
phone: 706 375-4326
email: oldgoat at voy.net

Hello,

This summer while on vacation at Kinzer's I went into
the club store.  I bought 13 old copies of Iron Man
Album for $.25 / each.  I have read them over and over
and I find it very interesting where stuff has gone
and who owns it now.  One of the items that puzzles me
is that in about every issue "Whistle in the Woods
Museum" is listed as being in Georgia.  They talk
about having the oldest portable engine in the US.
That engine is now located at the Savanna, GA railroad
museum and is restored.  Does anyone know what that
"Whistle in the Woods" was and does it still exist
today?

Jeff Smith