[AJD] Rust scales in block - Help???

Merle W. Johnson wjohnson at bigriver.net
Mon Oct 25 18:07:28 PDT 2004

Well, oxalic acid will desolve the rust but you'd have to block off the lower
inlet to hold it in the block to disolve the stuff.  Your idea of inverting the
tractor sound like a good plausible method.  Let me know.  I want to watch.  We
were pulling an inspection on a aircraft back in the 60's and this Ensign kept
standing around watching.  Finally I asked if I could help him.  He replied"no I
heard they were going to dropcheck  this plane and I wanted to see it. Took a
little explaining that a drop checked meant jacking the plane up and checking
landing gear function.
Merle