[Farmall] McCormick-Deering D-50 stuff

Bob Currie tractors at foothill.net
Mon Oct 25 10:54:17 PDT 2004

Sounds like unstyled, with an International brand air cleaner. I went out
and had a look at some of the stuff sitting around here. Survey says..The
"D-50" was a model number used by the International brand of air cleaners
found on unstyled tractors of the 12/14 series. The Vortox brand products
used a different numbering system.  Both of my 10-20's have Vortox
cleaners. Both the W-30's have International model 70 air cleaners. I find
two F-12's, an F-14, and a W-12 with International model A-50's. I did find
one model D-50. It is attached to the radiator on an early F-12 Waukesha. I
can't confirm whether that is original or not. Randy, with your description
of the radiator, air cleaner, and sediment bowl position, I'd say it is an
F-12 or similar model. Does the air cleaner sit out front of the radiator
on the left side of the bolster? And is it attached to the top,
left  corner of the upper, casted radiator tank, or is it located on the
right side of the tractor, behind the radiator, kinda tucked up under the hood?

bobcurrie