[Farmall] MPH per thousand revs

Robert Johnson rjohnson at netcon.net.au
Sat Oct 23 01:00:38 PDT 2004

Thanks Howard .
I checked the radius of a tyre on the truck , and you are right , just under
20 inches .
Well , the 7.33 diff is sure slow ! , I'll see how it pulls , when I get it
running down the road , if it seems ok  I'll get the 5.83 ratio diff.
It won't  be pulling heavy loads , hopefully I can go to the 5.83 , for a
better top ratio.
By your calculations , the 392 at 3000 revs will get me along at 48.6 mph
with the 7.33 diff , and 60.6 mph with the 5.83 diff !.
Regards Rob Johnson