[AT] not far OT

Edward Tabor edward.tabor at zoominternet.net
Fri Oct 22 17:13:32 PDT 2004

Larry,
I might be a little late in my response, but I have a Che-Tec 4 wheel
utility vehicle.  This thing is built like a brick sh$#house.  The
engine is a 2 cylinder, 18 hp Kohler, Belt drive with a centrifugal
clutch.  The belt drives a 4 speed transmission that came out of a ford
escort, easily found in any salvage yard.  Axles are out of an escort as
are the brakes.  4 wheel disc all the way around, hydraulic activated
(car master cylinder.)  A hydraulic pump operated the bed dump and the
power steering.  I know for a fact that it will carry 2000 plus pounds
(hauled fill dirt with it all day long for a month over the summer).  I
bought it used at 394 hours, have well over 600 on it now, and the only
trouble I have had are flat tires, bad starter, and it needs a head
gasket now (low compression in one cylinder, audible leak, fouls that
spark plug in 3 hours of operation.  Sadly, the Che Tec company is out
of business, the closest thing I have seen is that made by Kubota.

Ed