[AT] not far OT

Spencer Yost yostsw at atis.net
Fri Oct 22 08:38:23 PDT 2004

Actually, pretty far off topic.   Not really farming related, not antique
and not a tractor.

Having said that, I will turn this to ranching and farming and say I have
only ridden one once and that was at a ranch I used to work at periodically
for a week at a time.  The next business trip there the ATVs were gone and
they had Kawasaki mules instead.  They rated the ATVs as "toys"(the ranch
manager's word, not mine) and sold them to buy the Mules - Which had heated
cabs, traditional steering , brake and gas controls and a pickup style bed,
with bed racks.   MUCH handier.  Especially for deer hunting where two
people (and two more on the bed if you needed to), can accommodate 4-gun
gun racks, can haul 2 or 3 deer, go almost anywhere like an ATV, haul more
weight, tow more sprayers and spreaders, etc

My take on the matter?  If you are serious about using it instead of
playing on it like everyone else, then buy something like a mule.   If you
just want to play buy an ATV.

I would no longer buy an ATV on a bet after seeing what else is out there
- Like mules, antique tractors, antique trucks, etc (-;

Spencer Yost
Owner, ATIS
Plow the Net!
http://www.atis.net