[AT] OT Barn floor question

Larry D. Goss rlgoss at evansville.net
Thu Oct 21 19:50:11 PDT 2004

I'm in Evansville, Indiana, Charlie.

Larry

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of charlie hill
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2004 5:03 PM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] OT Barn floor question

Hi Larry,

I forget where you are located.   Around here cypress and juniper is
still
available and while it is a bit pricey it will last for a long time.
Juniper is similar to cypress in it's weatherability and rot resistance
but
is lighter.  Juniper is something of a regional name and I think it is
the
same stuff as Northern White Pine or something they call pine up in the
N/E.

I never built or even messed with  a windmill but I know what to build
boats
out of.  I can't imagine why anyone recommended poplar unless it is
different poplar than we have here or for use in a much drier region.
In
our humidity and heat poplar wouldn't last 2 years I bet.   It makes
nice
furniture  though!

Charlie