[Farmall] calibrating torque wrench

E. John Puckett ejpuckett at centurytel.net
Thu Oct 21 06:18:54 PDT 2004

I have 2 torque wrenches, a 20 or 25 year old no name beam type, and a 5 or 6
year old Proto micrometer (6066A) that give drastically different readings.
Both have been well cared for, with minimal use.  My problem is they give
drastically different readings.  The bad part is I suspect the Proto is the
inaccurate one.  does anyone have a way for an average homeowner with no
extravagant equipment to test one?  The Proto is in inch/pounds and I know I
have to divide by 12 to get foot/pounds.
--
John
another one of them