[AT] OT Barn floor question

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Wed Oct 20 22:37:30 PDT 2004

Larry, The Trex stuff I used at a job was real easy to work with. It is
actually a wood product
that is mixed with plastic resins and the extruded and cured.
Works like wood Except I don't really think it is a strong as a standard
board. It seemed to
flex more than standard pine lumber. Also I didn't like the way it held
screws, seemed to be kind of
weak. Supposed to last longer than wood and does weather nice. Doesn't
matter what you do to it
all of it is the same stuff throughout so cut, drill, saw and it will
still be the same. I would use it for decking and steps
and the like but not sure what else.

Steve Williams